Last weekend the weather was incredible warm, I think it was up to 25°C!!! Therefore I decided to make some ice cream. We have an ice cream machine at home and during the summertime it is practically running all day long. ;-)Ever since we have an ice cream machine at home, I’ve never eaten ice cream from the supermarket again!!! Homemade is simply the best…
Summer Berry Yogurt Ice Cream
- 200ml. cream
- 200gr. yogurt
- 200ml. milk
- 60gr. vanilla sugar
- 2tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 egg white
- 300gr. summer berries
for the almond brittle:
- 60gr. almonds
- 6tbsp. sugar
- 2tbsp. water
- Mix together the cream, yogurt, milk, sugar and lemon juice.
- Beat up the egg white and fold it in the yogurt mixture. Fill into the ice cream machine and let cool for about 40 minutes.
- Prepare a cake tin and put half of the berries into a pan. Let the berries boil up, add the remaining berries and let cool.
- Put the sugar and the water into a pan, let it cook, add the almonds and mix together. Immediately take off the heat and pour the almond caramel mixture on a baking paper. Let cool and hackle it.
- When the ice cream is ready: Fill half of the ice cream into the cake tin, cover with half of the berries and sprinkel with some almond brittle. Fill in the remainig ice cream, berries and almond brittle in the same order as mentioned above.
- Put the ice cream in the freezer and let cool for about 30 minutes.
The ice cream is is ready to serve! -Enjoy!!!