Baking is my way to work off stress. Working with my hands, beeing creativ and to have a product in the end settles me and makes me happy. It’s my balance to school and learnig and it’s necessairy for me. So yesterday I decided to bake something and felt like creating something by myself. I checked our storage and saw that we had some apples which needed to be used up. Well…the result: Apple-Lemon-Ginger Tartlets. And here they are:
Apple Lemon Ginger Tartlets
- 200gr. flour
- 1/2 tbs backing powder
- 125gr. cold butter
- 80gr. brown sugar
- 1 egg
- a pich of salt
- 6 small apples
- juice from half a lemon
- zest from 1 lemon
- 1 small clove fresh ginger
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 egg whites
- 5 tbsp brown sugar
- For the pastry: But all ingredients in a bowl and kneal everything together. Grease 6 or 7 souffle dishes and press the pastry in
- . Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Grate the apples,the ginger clove and the lemon. Add the sugar and lemon juice and mix with a spoon. Fill into the tartlets.
- Beat the egg white until it’s almost stiff, then add the sugar and mix until stiff.
- Cover the tartlets with the egg mixture. Bake for 25 minutes.
Note: Change the amount of ginger according to taste or use dried ginger for less flavour.
What’s your stress reducer or balance to your everyday life?
Love you guys and wish you a relaxing weekend.