My sister Lisa has baked these delicious shortbreads yesterday. The recipe is from BBC but she changed a few things… So she created two different biscuits, chocolate and vanilla flavour. I’m not a huge fan of shortbread but I can’t even say why… However the chocolate ones won my heart. I love these biscuits to tea and coffee!
- 200gr. butter
- 180gr. flour
- 75gr. sugar
- 1tsp honey
- 1/2 vanilla bean
- Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Beat the sugar, butter, honey and vanilla bean pulp until smooth.
- Stir in the flour to get a smooth paste. Turn on to a work surface and gently roll out until the paste is 1cm thick.
- Cut into rounds or fingers and place onto a baking tray. Pierce them with a fork to get the pattern you want and chill in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- Bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes, or until pale golden-brown. Set aside to cool on a wire rack.
Note: For the chocolate shortbread use 140gr. flour and 40gr. cacao and leave out the vanilla bean.
Wish you a great week!