Last weekend I picked small yellow plums and so I decided to bake a cake with them. I tried a recipe from my favorite baking magazine “delicious baking”, which I bought on my last Devon vacations. It was originally a ginger and almond slices recipe, but I made a cake out of it. The result was statisfying, it’s not a very spectacular cake but a everyday recipe. As always I reduced the sugar, so if you have a really sweet tooth it may not be sweet enough for you…
Little Yellow Plum Ginger Cake
- 290g little yellow plums
- 175g unsalted butter, softened
- 110g sugar
- 1 egg
- 225g plain flour, sifted
- 2 tbsp milk
- 100g ground almonds
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 70g flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/fan170°F/gas 5. Line a tart tin with baking paper.
- Cut the fruits in half and remove the stone.
- Beat the butter and sugar using an electric hand mixer until pale and fluffy. Beat in the egg, then beat in the flour in 2 batches, alternating with tablespoons of milk. stir in the ground almonds and the ginger, then pat the mix into the tin. Press the yellow little plums in the dough and sprinkle with the flaked almonds.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until golden and skewer pushed into the centre comes out clean.
- Let cool and dust with icing sugar if you want.
See ya Lila