So far the weather was too hot for my long baking list I made for this holidays, but luckily today is a rainy day! I baked whole wheat chocolate chip cookies, drunk a hot chocolate and read a lot. Sounds cozy right? I’d like to share with you the recipe and my currently favorite books.
These three books are my favourites at the moment. They’re real spellbinder. I’m a huge fan of historical novels with brave women as the main characters. The order has nothing to do with the ranking.
- Waterfall by Lisa T. Bergren
- The Maid of Fairbourne Hall by Julie Klassen
- The Silent Governess also from Julie Klassen (I’m currently reading this book)
Whole Wheat Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1/2 cup raw cane sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 180 grams dark chocolate chopped
- Preheat oven to 350° F. ( ca. 175° Celsius)
- Cream together in a large bowl the butter, peanut butter and sugar. Add the vanilla sugar and eggs and mix until the batter is light in color, 2-3 minutes. Stir in the flour, salt and the baking soda. And last add the chocolate and mix well.
- Scoop out tablespoon-sized balls of dough onto a baking sheet and press them flat if you want. Bake for 10 minutes.
See ya Lila