Today I’ll show you my favorite tomato pesto recipe, inspired by the cookbook “Tibits at home”. It’s very simple and fast and also perfect for tomato lovers, because of the intense tomato flavour. So the next time when you make pasta this pesto shouldn’t be missing.
- 200 gr. dried tomatoes in oil (jar)
- 160 ml olive oil extra virgin
- 11 tbsp sunflower oil ( I took 3 tbsp oil from the dried tomatoes )
- 200 gr. tomato purée ( about 1 tube )
- 1 onion
- 1 fresh tomato
- Drain the dried tomatoes and peel the onion.
- Put all ingredients into a blender and blend thoroughly.
- Season to taste. ( I didn’t need to season mine. )
- Fill the pesto into jars and store them in the fridge.